Polycarbonate is an important material to know about when it comes to trolley bags.
This material is a hard, durable thermoplastic that has many valuable properties for use in the manufacturing of luggage and other products.
It can be made into different types of transparent or translucent materials, which gives it its unique qualities. For example, polycarbonate is resistant to corrosion and chemicals making it ideal for use in environments where these things are present.
Is polycarbonate a plastic?
Polycarbonate is a plastic material, but not all plastics are polycarbonates. Polycarbonates (or PC) are thermoplastic resins that can be made transparent. They possess very good strength and weather resistance characteristics, which make them perfect for use in trolley bags!
Polycarbonates have many applications: they’re used to make CDs and DVDs, eyeglasses, medical equipment, and even bulletproof glass! Polycarbonates are also non-toxic and recyclable. So, if you’re looking for a strong, durable, and eco-friendly material for your trolley bag, look no further than polycarbonate!
How polycarbonate is manufactured?
Polycarbonate is made from a combination of Bisphenol A and carbonates. The two are mixed together in the presence of an acid, catalyst, or ultraviolet radiation. This creates a reaction that forms polycarbonate chains. These chains are then chopped into small pieces and heated until they form a liquid polymer. The molten polymer is then poured into a mold and cooled to form the desired shape.
Advantages of polycarbonate material
- Polycarbonate is a durable material that can withstand a lot of wear and tear. This makes it the perfect choice for trolley bags, which are often subjected to a lot of abuse.
- Polycarbonate is also lightweight, making it easy to carry around.
- Easy to clean, which is another important factor when it comes to choosing materials for trolley bags.
- Finally, polycarbonate is a shatterproof material, which means that your belongings will be safe even if the trolley bag accidentally falls or is dropped. This is an important consideration for anyone who travels
Disadvantages of polycarbonate material
The disadvantages of polycarbonate material include
- Its fragility and the fact that it can be scratched quite easily.
- It is also not very heat resistant, so if you are looking for a bag to take on holiday with you, this may not be the best option!
- Additionally, polycarbonate is known to emit toxic fumes when burned, so it is not the most environmentally friendly option either. Finally, it is quite expensive compared to some other materials options.
Which is better polycarbonate or ABS?
Polycarbonate material is better than ABS because it is more durable and can withstand a higher impact. It is also lighter in weight, making it easier to carry around. Polycarbonate is the ideal material for trolley bags as it offers superior protection for your belongings.
ABS is not as durable as polycarbonate and can break more easily. ABS is also heavier than polycarbonate, making it harder to lug around and transporting your bags inconvenient.
So, if you are looking for a trolley bag that will protect your belongings well without breaking the bank or causing too much strain on yourself while in transit, check out our selection of polycarbonate trolley bags here!